Flux Reviews: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

12:21 am


Title: P.S. I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han                
Publication Date: May 26 2015
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format: Paperback
Price: ₱395 (Philippines) - $8.11 (Amazon)


Plot Synopsis:


Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

They were just pretending. Until they weren’t. And now Lara Jean has to learn what it's like to be in a real relationship and not just a make-believe one.

But when another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him suddenly return too.
Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Lara Jean is that falling in love is just the easy part.

The Review
(This book is a sequel. My review of the first book, Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before can be found HERE.)

You'd think that after what happened in To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Lara Jean wouldn't have any more problems from her letters to her secret crushes, with boys popping up into her life from them, but no. Never have you been so wrong. (Except for that Trigonometry question you did last month)

So the ending of the previous book, To All the Boys I've Loved Before left a lot of questions that need answering, and that it was a somewhat bad ending, according to some of my friends and other bloggers. And this book solved it, it concluded (almost) everything, this is the sending-off book to the duology.

Quick Pro-Tip: Don't read the back of the book, don't read the summery! Super hinting of a potential love-triangle!


I was actually surprised when someone on Facebook showed us that it was out before the release date, which is May 26. That post was on May 24, I was sooooo freaked-out because why the hell would it be released before the release date???! Man, you gotta love the Philippines. Sometimes.
The next day I dashed to my local NBS and got myself a copy, read it in like, a day while isolating myself from everyone, even in my own house! And the next morning I was ready to review it!

Other problems from the previous book comes to haunt them again, old faces re-appear *cough* Lucas, Chris, (that bitch) Genevieve, and Josh *cough*, new ones make appearances, and the ol' "Ski Trip Incident" resurfaces with a sucker punch . . .

Everything's getting okay, but when someone from her past comes back, this is where things get complicated. She didn't expect to fall for Peter, it was all pretend back in To All the Boys I've Loved Before to save face in front of Josh, and for Peter to get Genevieve jelly, but what if their feelings for each other weren't fake? What if they're legit? And when Player 3 enters the game into her life, her old feelings for him resurface as well, this screams warning sirens in my ears saying "LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!". Wait, is she starting to like this new guy? Cheesus Crust, calm down, Lara Jean, you've already fallen for Peter and maybe Josh, can't have you falling for another guy, jeez.

Will she follow her feelings for this new guy, or will she stay with Peter? You have to read it to find out!

First of all, I like the new guy, he's fun, he's quirky, he's hot to girls! I swear, they look so damn cute together and I ship them so much!! In my opinion, Lara Jean should choose him than Peter.

He looks more than just taller. Now that i can take the time to really look at him I notice more. With his fair hair and milky skin and rosy cheeks, he looks like he could be an English farmer's son. But he's slim, so maybe the sensitive farmer's sone who steals away to the barn to read. The thought makes me smile

The plot basically revolves around this rather saucy scandal with Lara Jean and Peter K, how they deal with it, an old friend of Lara Jean coming back into her life and how this plays out with Peter and LJ, and why Genevieve's such a total pain in our arse. Yes, apparently there is a reason why. Who knew?

You haven’t brought me down. Just the opposite. You’ve brought me out. You gave me my first love story . . .

This book kept tugging at my heartstrings and you know, giving me almost-tears, which is the next best thing. One minute LJ and Peter's making me smile and go "Awwwwww" the next the book makes me go "Oh shitshitshitshit NO! Omg whyyyyyyy hahahahaha A meme? You serious? Hahahahahaha!" and then the next it's making me grin like an idiot!

Replace "Breadcrumbs" with "My Feels"! <3

All I'm gonna say is "Question everything", just like the previous book, will Peter and LJ get together-legit in the end? I dunno. Will all the questions be answered by the end of the book? Maybe. Is Genevieve and Peter really over? But I am going to give you guys a hint: The Selection by Kiera Cass ;) (No, there won't be a lot of suitors for her!)

I agree that Lara Jean still acts younger than her age, but in this book she really grows up, she's gotten smarter, more funny and she becomes more independent and she deals with stuff better. Although her little sister Kitty is sometimes more mature than her, sometimes. But still.

The ending wasn't that conclusive, it left some small questions hanging, but that's good, I guess, Jenny Han wanted some things left to the imagination, and that's good!

Reading the last pages, the last scenes of Lara Jean's story, and letting go, is like saying goodbye to an old friend at the airport. Waving goodbye as he or she boards the plane, knowing full well you can't follow, and you're left feeling empty. That's what this book did to me.




"I wish that things could go back to the way they were between us. That you could be you and I could be me, and we'd have fun with each other, and it would be a really sweet first romance that I'll remember my whole life"
"When you lose someone and it still hurts, that's when you know the love was real."

My Rating:
5 out of 5 Fallen stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images